Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Finding Balance

December 2014
As a mother of three and a dedicated wife, I often find myself shuffling from one obligation to another, balancing full-time work with real-life challenges, some as small as what snack will actually make it inside the kids stomachs (and not the trash), to bigger ones, like financial planning, teaching values at any age, integrating faith into everyday lessons, and when to say enough.

Somewhere in there, I think about my health. It's generally been a pretty big deal in our household, but I allowed myself to feel at ease about my progress back from baby number three. With the support of my husband, we make "better" food choices, try to stay focused on what really matters, and keep a positive attitude about embracing the opportunity to grab some fresh air and dive into something physical/sporty. We have camped, ridden bikes, hiked, etc. And I love these chances to get outside. It's truly been a wonderful experience.

Now, I'd like to take on a new challenge, and in that process, "re-train" my thought process so that health is at the forefront of priorities, rather than taking the back burner. I know my entire family deserves a healthier me. Heck, I deserve a healthier me.

Join me in this new adventure starting now and ending in a Sprint Triathlon in Columbia, MD in August 2014. I will be posting some helpful resources to the right, and blogging my experience on Facebook for those of you who would like to follow my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment